A great benefits package that can help give peace of mind to you and the ones you love. Financial Professionals become eligible for subsidized benefits as of their contract endorsement date and remain eligible if they meet specific production requirements. Here are some great offerings for you to take advantage of:**
MassMutual offers a diverse range of valuable benefits in these areas:
- Cash Balance Plan (Pension): The MassMutual Pension Plan is a cash balance plan fully funded by the company. MassMutual credits a percentage of eligibles W-2 compensation throughout a Financial Professional’s (FPs) career beginning immediately upon contract endorsement.
- Qualified Thrift/401(k) Plan: The Qualified Thrift Plan offers eligible FPs the opportunity to save for retirement while deferring current taxes. FPs are eligible to join the plan upon contract endorsement.
- Non-Qualified Thrift Plan: This plan is available for top-producing FPs. If a FP meets or exceeds the Enhanced Benefit Production Threshold during the qualification period, he or she may be eligible to participate in this plan.
HEALTH & WELFARE BENEFITS
- Medical coverage
- Dental and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): dependent care
- Dependent life insurance
- Disability income insurance
- Short-term disability (STD) insurance
- Long-term disability (LTD) insurance
- Maternity Benefit: You are generally eligible for benefits under the short-term disability (STD) plan, provided through Lincoln Financial Group, following the birth of a child. The standard STD period for childbirth is 10 weeks, minus an 8-day elimination period.
- Professional Designation Reimbursement: MassMutual reimburses FPs for many professional designations. Certain restrictions apply.
- Agent Assistance Program: Free, confidential phone or in-person support services include access to online information on topics such as childcare and parenting, education, college preparation, health and wellness and safety.
The earnings potential of a MassMutual Financial Professional are virtually unlimited, tied only to the time and effort invested. MassMutual offers a competitive, wide-ranging compensation program for its independently contracted FPs including:
When a MassMutual FP sells an insurance or annuity product, he or she receives a commission, which varies by product. First-year commission (FYC) is a percentage of the first-year premium. Talk to your recruiter about expected or typical commission rates for MassMutual.
In addition to FYC, Financial Professionals (FPs) may receive renewal commissions on premiums received after the first year policy. Typically renewal commissions are significantly less than FYC. However, over time, renewal commissions may make a strong contribution to FPs income stream.
AGENT FINANCING PLANS
MassMutual understands that it may take time for a new career professional to build a business and develop a steady income stream. In the interim, the solution for many financial professionals is an agent financing plan. Agent financing plans are subsidy-based programs for career changers and inexperienced professionals. In addition to the subsidy, FPs continue to be paid commissions as earned.
To be eligible for an agent financing plan, an eligible FP must not have exceeded regulatory maximum earnings in the previous three years from the sale of life insurance, annuities and financing subsidies.
ALLOWANCES & BONUSES
In addition to commissions, Financial Professionals (FP) may be eligible to receive allowances and bonuses. Allowances are not paid directly to FPs by MassMutual; instead, they are paid to FPs at the discretion of each FP’s General Agent. MassMutual pays certain bonuses to eligible FPs.
MASSMUTUAL 2019 AVERAGE EARNINGS
|MassMutual Financial Services Representatives*
2019 Average Earnings**
*Financial Professionals are independent contractors and are not employees of MassMutual, its subsidiaries or of General Agents with whom they contract.
**Eligibility applies only to those independently contracted Financial Professionals who hold a full-time career contract (X4X) with a General Agent of MassMutual. Eligibility for certain benefits, subsidized benefits, and pre-tax coverage is based on meeting certain contract requirements. All compensation and benefit provisions are subject to modification or termination.
*Averages based on 8,565 full-time Financial Professionals as of December 31, 2019.Financial Professionals are independent contracts and are not employees of MassMutual, its subsidiaries, or of General Agents with whom they contract.
**Earnings based on first year and renewal commissions. Individual results may vary based on product mix.